Social services and infrastructure in the Nordic region
Informal and professional in the way we work - strategic in the way we invest
Hospitality Invest is a private investment company controlled by Roger Adolfsen and Kristian A. Adolfsen. From its headquarter in Oslo, the Company manages investments across a variety of sectors and geographies. Today, the Company’s investments are categorized into four main segments; Hotel Operations, Care Services, Staffing and Real Estate.
- 1997Establishing Norlandia Omsorg
- 2002Separation of real estates and operations. Establishment of Hospitality Invest
- 2007FSN Capital invests and becomes 45% partner in Norlandia Omsorg
- 2012Norlandia Care Group established together with Benn Eidissen and Even Carlsen through acquisition of FSN Capital’s shares in Norlandia Omsorg and merger with pre-school operations of Acea
- 2013Acquisition of FSN Capital’s shares in Agito in end of 2013
- 2014NOK 600 million bond issue. Acquisition of Hero Group. Acquisition of Personalhuset Staffing Group through management buyout and merger with Agito
- 2015Acquisition of Kosmo and Kidsa
- 2016Established Norlandia Health & Care Group to consolidate all of the holdings within the health and care segment Issued a SEK 1,100m and a NOK 750m bond issues in December 2016 as part of the reorganisation to refinance existing debt and restructure the group under the Norlandia Health & Care Group brand
- 2016Acquisition of Norefjell Ski & Spa
- 2017Several add-on acquisitions to the staffing and Care segment
- 2017Refinanced the HOIN01 bond issue with a new NOK 850m Senior Unsecured Bond Issue
The origins of the Group date back to 1990 when Kristian and Roger Adolfsen started operating hotels on Andøya, Norway. Through acquisition of several independent hotels during the 1990’s, the brothers created the hotel chain Norlandia Hotels & Resorts.
Based on the idea that hotel operation expertise could be applied to other types of hospitality services, the company started operating patient hotels and nursing homes in 1997.
The activities within the care segment were spun off the same year, forming Norlandia Omsorg – the predecessor of Norlandia Care Group. The activities within care services grew steadily over the next years. At the same time, the Group continued to invest in hotel properties, ski resorts as well as various real estate projects. In late 2002, all properties were separated from the group and the operational activities gathered to form Hospitality Invest.
Being a private investment company, Hospitality Invest is not bound by any specific mandate and has full flexibility in terms of investment strategy. The flexibility enables us to be opportunistic; however, certain principles are used as guidelines in our approach to both ownership and new investments.
Our primary focus has been on Nordic companies providing services in markets with stable underlying drivers. A key theme for the group has been to enter market segments from an early stage, taking a pioneering role in developing and growing towards more mature and stable markets. Operational experience has led us to new and adjacent sectors with similar structures, drivers or characteristics, thus broadening our field of investments.
We invest in healthy companies or entities within large conglomerates that are not core business, companies seeking an industry consolidation, companies in need of a strategic refocus and family-owned businesses with succession challenges. We prefer to acquire controlling or influential stakes, often together with management of the respective companies or together with partners.
Hospitality Invest intends to be a long term and strategic owner of its subsidiaries. We are actively involved in our portfolio companies through board participation and interactive dialogue with management, offering strategic-, financial- and transaction support.
We normally follow a buy and build strategy, involving acquisitions as well as actively driving organic growth. Through growth and operational improvements, we develop larger and more sustainable businesses able to deliver high quality services and products at healthy margins.
In all our investment, we seek dedicated entrepreneurial spirit, creativity and operational excellence.
Hospitality Invest had consolidated revenues of NOK 8.3 billion in 2019 and about 11,000 employees per year end.
NOK 8.3 billion
Roger AdolfsenCEOTel: +47 22 98 97 40Email: email@example.com
Kristian A. AdolfsenChairmanTel: +47 22 98 97 40Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristoffer LorckCFOTel: +47 930 28 818Email: email@example.com
Christer JohnsenInvestment Director, Adolfsen GroupTel: +47 90 88 94 55Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ole-Kristofer BragnesInvestment ManagerTel: +47 91 70 34 15Email: email@example.com
Silje HellestadGroup Chief AccountantTel: +47 901 46 916Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trine ErdahlAdministration & Web, Adolfsen GroupTel: +47 98 22 25 07Email: email@example.com
For investment proposals, please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org