Building solid and sustainable businesses
Informal and professional in the way we work - strategic in the way we invest
Hospitality Invest is a private investment company controlled by Roger Adolfsen and Kristian A. Adolfsen. From its headquarter in Oslo, the Company manages investments across a variety of sectors and geographies. Today, the Company’s investments are categorized into five main segments; Care Services, Staffing, Hotel Operations, Real Estate and Other
- 1997Establishing Norlandia Omsorg
- 2002Separation of real estates and operations and establishment of Hospitality Invest
- 2012Norlandia Care Group established together with Benn Eidissen and Even Carlsen through acquisition of FSN Capital’s shares in Norlandia Omsorg and merger with pre-school operations of Acea
- 2014NOK 600 million bond issue. Acquisition of Hero Group. Acquisition of Personalhuset Staffing Group through management buyout and merger with Agito
- 2016Established Norlandia Health & Care Group to consolidate all of the holdings within the health and care segment. Issued SEK 1,100m and NOK 750m bonds in December 2016 as part of the reorganisation to refinance existing debt and restructure the group under the Norlandia Health & Care Group brand.
- 2017Refinanced the HOIN01 bond issue with a new NOK 850m Senior Unsecured Bond Issue
- 2019Sale of ~170 preschool properties to Whitehelm Capital
- 2020Listing of Rana Gruber on Euronext Growth
- 2020Acquired ~37% of Winn Hotel Group
- 2021NHC Group issued a 4-year senior secured sustainability linked bond of NOK 1,700m to refinance existing debt in the Group
The origins of the Group date back to 1990 when Kristian and Roger Adolfsen started operating hotels on Andøya, Norway. Through acquisition of several independent hotels during the 1990’s, the brothers created the hotel chain Norlandia Hotels & Resorts.
Based on the idea that hotel operation expertise could be applied to other types of hospitality services, the company started operating patient hotels and nursing homes in 1997.
The activities within the care segment were spun off the same year, forming Norlandia Omsorg – the predecessor of Norlandia Care Group. The activities within care services grew steadily over the next years. At the same time, the Group continued to invest in hotel properties, ski resorts as well as various real estate projects. In late 2002, all properties were separated from the group and the operational activities gathered to form Hospitality Invest.
Being a private investment company, Hospitality Invest is not bound by any specific mandate and has full flexibility in terms of investment strategy. The flexibility enables us to be opportunistic; however, certain principles are used as guidelines in our approach to both ownership and new investments.
Our primary focus has been on Nordic companies providing services in markets with stable underlying drivers. A key theme for the group has been to enter market segments from an early stage, taking a pioneering role in developing and growing towards more mature and stable markets. Operational experience has led us to new and adjacent sectors with similar structures, drivers or characteristics, thus broadening our field of investments.
We invest in healthy companies or entities within large conglomerates that are not core business, companies seeking an industry consolidation, companies in need of a strategic refocus and family-owned businesses with succession challenges. We prefer to acquire controlling or influential stakes, often together with management of the respective companies or together with partners.
Hospitalty Invest intends to be a long-term and strategic owner of its subsidiaries. We are actively involved in our portfolio companies through board participation and interactive dialogue with management, offering strategic-, financial- and transaction support.
We normally follow a buy and build strategy, involving acquisitions as well as actively driving organic growth. Through growth and operational improvements, we develop larger and more sustainable business able to deliver high quality services and products at healthy margins.
In all our investments, we seek dedicated entrepreneurial spirit, creativity and operational excellence.
Hospitality Invest had consolidated revenues of NOK 13 billion in 2022 and about 20,000 employees per year-end.
NOK 13 billion
NOK 672 million
EBITDA (excl. IFRS16)
NOK 14.6 billion
NOK 1.7 billion
Roger AdolfsenCEOTel: +47 22 98 97 40Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristian A. AdolfsenChairmanTel: +47 22 98 97 40Email: email@example.com
Kristoffer LorckCFOTel: +47 93 02 88 18Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mads-Håkon MørckInvestment ManagerTel: +47 99 45 84 02Email: email@example.com
Henrik JohansenInvestment AssociateTel: +47 91 53 50 95Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Silje HellestadGroup Chief AccountantTel: +47 901 46 916Email: email@example.com
Emanuela IvaylovaAdmin & WebTel: +47 46 93 06 48Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For investment proposals, please send email to: email@example.com